The HackerRank Tests - Lever integration enables Lever users to directly invite their candidates to different HackerRank Tests at the appropriate stages of the job interview process. After candidates attempt HackerRank's Tests, their scores and performance data are automatically updated in their respective profiles in Lever. The ability to leverage HackerRank's Tests for candidate skills assessment facilitates a seamless and efficient candidate screening process in Lever.
This article provides you with detailed integration steps and also describes how you can use the integration to send HackerRank Test invites from Lever.
|For HackerRank for Work
- Log in to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- On the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page and select Settings.
- Go to ATS Integration and click on the Configure button under the Lever option.
- Click on the Generate API Token button to generate a token
- The unique API Key will be displayed in the next pop-up. Copy this key and save it as it is not stored and hence can not be retrieved.
- Log in to the Lever, and click on the Integrations option from the Settings menu.
- Scroll down on the page to the Interviewing section, and enable the HackerRank - Tests option.
- In the Access token field, add the API key obtained from HackerRank for Work.
- Click on the Verify button to test the authentication request between Lever and HackerRank. Verification should be successful.
- Click on the Done button.
- Log in to HackerRank for Work using the same Company Admin user account which was used for generating the API key in the first step.
- Based on the specific job roles or technical skills expected in candidates, create and publish the HackerRank Tests, which must be accessible in Lever to send Test invites to candidates.
To know more about creating and publishing a test, refer to Creating a New Test.
Note: In HackerRank for Work, you must log in using the same Company Admin user account to create the HackerRank Tests and generate the Lever API token required to enable the integration between the two applications.
Sending HackerRank Test invites from candidate profiles in Lever
The integration automatically creates the HackerRank assignment form for the relevant Job interview process stages in Lever, and you can assign this form to the required stages.
Simply change the candidate pipeline stage to the one that is assigned the HackerRank form, and you will find the Send Test option to invite the candidate to a HackerRank Test.
Alternatively, you can also click the three-dot menu in the candidate's profile and click on the Send Test option.
Note: A candidate's Lever profile must have a valid email address to send a HackerRank Test invite.
In the Send test window,
- Click on the Choose a Test option and select the required HackerRank Test.
- Verify that the candidate's valid email address is populated in the email address field.
- Lever users can click on the Send the candidate an additional email option to send any additional email message to the candidate.
- Click on the Send Test to send the HackerRank Test email invite.
When the Test invite is sent, you can see the Pending status in the candidate's profile.
After the candidate submits the Test, a link to the Test performance report is automatically available in the Add links section of the candidate's profile page. The Test report is also displayed on the candidate's profile page, as shown below.
Lever users can review the report to assess the candidate's performance and knowledge in the required areas for the job role, and decide about the next steps in the interview process.
Please refer to the Lever support article to know how Lever users can view and receive alerts about their candidates' performance in HackerRank Tests.