The HackerRank Tests - Lever integration enables Lever users to directly invite their Candidates to different HackerRank Tests at the appropriate stages of the job interview process. After Candidates attempt HackerRank's Tests, their scores and performance data is automatically updated in their respective profiles in Lever. The ability to leverage HackerRank's Tests for Candidate skills assessment facilitates a seamless and efficient Candidate screening process in Lever.
This article provides you with detailed integration steps and also describes how you can use the integration to send HackerRank Test invites from Lever.
|In HackerRank for Work||In Lever|
The integration involves a 3-step process:
- Step 1: Obtaining the Lever API token from HackerRank for Work - for real-time data integration between Lever and HackerRank accounts.
- Step 2: Adding the API token in Lever - To authenticate Lever's requests for HackerRank Tests.
- Step 3: Create HackerRank Tests which will be accessed in Lever to send Test invites.
- Log in to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- In the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page, and select Settings.
- Click API Access, and navigate to the Lever option.
- Click Generate API key to generate a token and click to copy it.
- Log in to Lever, and click Integrations from the Settings menu.
- Scroll down in the page to the Interviewing section, and enable the HackerRank - Tests option.
- In the Access token field, add the API key obtained from HackerRank for Work.
- Click Verify to test the authentication request between Lever and HackerRank. Verification should be successful.
- Click Done.
- Log in to HackerRank for Work using the same Company Admin user account which was used for generating the API key in Step 1.
- Based on the specific job roles or technical skills expected in Candidates, create and publish the HackerRank Tests which must be accessible in Lever to send Test invites to Candidates.
Refer the articles in our Knowledgebase to know how to create and publish Tests.
Note: In HackerRank for Work, you must log in using the same Company Admin user account to create the HackerRank Tests and to generate the Lever API token required to enable the integration between the two applications.
The integration automatically creates the "HackerRank" assignment form for the relevant Job interview process stages in Lever, and you can assign this form to the required stages.
Simply change the Candidate pipeline stage to the one that is assigned the "HackerRank" form, and you will find the Send Test option to invite the Candidate to a HackerRank Test.
Alternatively, you can also click the three-dot menu in the Candidate's profile and click Send Test.
Note: A Candidate's Lever profile must have a valid email address to send a HackerRank Test invite.
In the Send test window,
- Click Choose a Test and select the required HackerRank Test.
- Verify that the Candidate's valid email address is populated in the email address field.
- Lever users can click the Send the candidate an additional email option to send any additional email message to the Candidate.
- Click Send Test to send the HackerRank Test email invite.
When the Test invite is sent, you can see the Pending status in the Candidate's profile.
After the Candidate submits the Test, a link to the Test performance report is automatically available in the "Add links" section of the Candidate's profile page. The Test report is also displayed in the Candidate's profile page, as shown below.
Lever users can review the report to assess the Candidate's performance and knowledge in the required areas for the job role, and decide about the next steps in the interview process.
Please refer to the Lever support article to know how Lever users can view and receive alerts about their Candidates' performance in HackerRank Tests.