Identifying the right set of questions quickly during a live interview session can be tricky. To make interviews more streamlined and efficient, HackerRank has added the "Recommended Questions" section within "Import Questions" in the interviews.
Recommended Questions are a set of interview questions curated specifically for interviews that take less than 30 mins to solve and have a quick read time (Approximately 5 mins).
Each of the recommended questions also comes with a set of interviewer's guidelines that provide hints, solution code, complexity analysis, potential follow-up questions, and so on. This article will walk you through the steps in viewing and importing the recommended questions in an interview.
Note: Interviewer's Guidelines are visible only to the interviewer and not to candidates.
View and Import Recommended Questions
To view Recommended Questions for your interview, follow the below steps.
- Launch the interview as an interviewer.
- Click on the Import Question panel on the left.
You can see the Recommended Interview Questions just below the Import Questions section.
- Click on the Recommended Questions button to view the set of questions from the HackerRank library recommended for your interview.
- On clicking the Recommended Questions button, the library questions with the tag "Interviewer Guidelines" get filtered. Select any question from the list that you would like to use.
- Once you click on the Use button, the question will get populated in the Task Description section of your interview.
Clicking on the question description icon will take you to the question pane on the left side. The question pane is divided into two tabs, Description and Guidelines. Click on the Guidelines tab to access the interviewer guidelines. These guidelines are a set of hints, complexity analysis, and follow-up questions concerning the selected problem. These guidelines give interviewers more context around the question and help them evaluate candidates effectively. The guidelines are divided into sections. For ex: Solution, Complexity Analysis in the below question. You can click on these sections to expand.
Adding Interviewer Guidelines for Custom Questions
If you need to add Guidelines to your custom questions, they can be added from the question creation workflow as shown below.
Add the tag "Interviewer Guidelines" at the time of question creation.
In the Interviewer Guideline section on the Problem Statement tab, you can add quick guidelines, follow-up questions, etc that might help you during the live interview.