Identifying the right set of questions quickly during a live interview session could be tricky. In order to make interviews streamlined and efficient, HackerRank has added the "Recommended Questions" section within "Import Questions" in a CodePair session.
Recommended Questions is a set of interview questions, curated specifically for CodePair sessions, that take less than 30 mins to solve and are designed to have a quick read time (~5 mins).
Each of the recommended questions also comes with a set of interviewers guidelines that provide hints, solution code, complexity analysis, potential follow up questions, etc.
Note: Interviewer Guidelines are visible only to the interviewer and not to candidates.
View and Import Recommended Questions
In order to view Recommended Questions for your interview, follow the below steps.
- launch the CodePair session as an interviewer.
- Click on the Import Question panel to the left.
You will be able to view the Recommended Interview Questions section just below the Import Questions section.
- Click on the Recommended Questions button to view the set of questions from the HackerRank library, recommended for your interview.
- On clicking the Recommended Questions button, the library questions with tag "Interviewer Guidelines" get filtered. Select any question from the list that you would like to use.
- Once you click on Use Question, the question will get populated in the Task Description section of your CodePair session.
- Scroll down or click on the Interviewer Guidelines button to go to the Interviewers Guideline section.
Interviewers guideline is a set of hints, complexity analysis, and follow up questions with respect to the selected problem. These guidelines are there to provide interviewers with more context around the question and help them evaluate candidates effectively.
Adding Interviewer Guidelines for Custom Questions
If you need to add Guidelines to your custom questions, they can be added from the question creation workflow as shown below.
Add the tag “Interviewer Guidelines” at the time of question creation.
In the Interviewer Guideline section on the Problem Statement tab, you can add quick guidelines, follow up questions, etc that might help you during the live interview.