Identifying the right set of questions quickly during a live interview session could be tricky. In order to make interviews streamlined and efficient, HackerRank has added the "Recommended Questions" section within "Import Questions" in the Interview.
Recommended Questions are a set of interview questions, curated specifically for interviews, that take less than 30 mins to solve and are designed to have a quick read time (~5 mins).
Each of the recommended questions also comes with a set of interviewer's guidelines that provide hints, solution code, complexity analysis, potential follow-up questions, etc. This article will walk you through the steps in viewing and importing the recommended questions in an interview.
Note: Interviewer's Guidelines are visible only to the interviewer and not to candidates.
View and Import Recommended Questions
In order to view Recommended Questions for your interview, follow the below steps.
- Launch the Interview as an interviewer.
- Click on the Import Question panel on the left.
You will be able to view the Recommended Interview Questions just below the Import Questions section.
- Click on the Recommended Questions button to view the set of questions from the HackerRank library, recommended for your interview.
- On clicking the Recommended Questions button, the library questions with the tag "Interviewer Guidelines" get filtered. Select any question from the list that you would like to use.
- Once you click on the Import button, the question will get populated in the Task Description section of your interview.
- Scroll down or click on the Interviewer Guidelines button to go to the Interviewers Guideline section.
Interviewers guideline is a set of hints, complexity analysis, and follow-up questions with respect to the selected problem. These guidelines are there to provide interviewers with more context around the question and help them evaluate candidates effectively.
Adding Interviewer Guidelines for Custom Questions
If you need to add Guidelines to your custom questions, they can be added from the question creation workflow as shown below.
Add the tag “Interviewer Guidelines” at the time of question creation.
In the Interviewer Guideline section on the Problem Statement tab, you can add quick guidelines, follow-up questions, etc that might help you during the live interview.