Aiming to help recruiters to fasten their screening process HackerRank comes up with standardized role-specific tests that reduce the recruiter's dependency on the engineering team in their hiring process and create an unbiased testing environment.
What is a Certified Assessment?
HackerRank Certified Assessments are pre-built role-specific tests created after long-term research and analysis of the questions that match the industry standards for the given role and assure a quality outcome from the screening process.
These certified tests follow the industry norms and design a single test for a specific role, and any company that wants to hire for that role can use this single test to assess their candidates. This provides an unbiased interview experience for both the companies and the candidates.
- 100% Managed Screening: The internal team of HackerRank entirely manages these assessments. You do not have to depend upon the recruiting and engineering teams to create the test questions or manage the test.
- Unbiased Assessments: HackerRank uses a third-party content bias checker that helps us to provide an unbiased assessment experience.
- Question Leakage Management: You will not be required to keep a tab on your tests to check if a question is being leaked. HackerRank automatically detects and removes the leaked questions from the system and replaces them with new questions.
- Robust Plagiarism Detection: HackerRank provides the market's most powerful plagiarism detection software to detect any malpractice being committed.
- Accurate Classification: Our team has built a machine-learning-powered role mapping engine that conducts in-depth research by scanning thousands of job descriptions throughout the industry. This approach helps us accurately list the skills required for a specific job role.
- No Repetition: HackerRank follows a 10-step robust evaluation process to select questions. The possibility of two developers getting the same question is 1 in 1000.
Creating a Certified Assessment
- Click on the create test option and select the role you want to assess the candidates.
- You can choose from two options:
- Use certified test: This option creates a Certified Assessment to test your specific role. You must select the role, publish the Certified Assessment, and invite your candidates.
- Create from scratch: If you cannot find a Certified Assessment for the role you are looking for or want to create a test independently, you can choose this option.
- A certified assessment is categorized into skill-based sections that you can customize based on your needs.
- You can access the HackerRank Roles Directory on the right pane to view the skills mapped to each role by clicking on the Roles Directory.
Customizing a Certified Assessment
Coming to customization, if you feel that a present skill is not needed for the role you are hiring or want to test an additional skill in the candidates, you can customize the Certified Assessments at the skill level.
Adding a New Skill
- Click on the +Add New option above the skills section.
- If you are customizing a published test, it will be moved to draft mode.
- You'll be able to choose the skills you'd like to add in the following popup window.
- The skills are differentiated at three levels:
- Basic: Consists of questions with easy difficulty.
- Intermediate: Consists of questions with medium difficulty.
- Advanced: Consists of questions with Hard difficulty.
- Next, you can choose the Question Type, such as Coding, MCQ, or Project.
- After selecting the desired Skill and Question type, click the add to the test. You can view that your selected skill is now present in your test as a new section.
- When you add a new skill section, the duration of your test will also change according to it.
Removing an Existing Skill
Hover your cursor over the skill you want to remove and click the delete icon. This will remove that skill section you chose.
Note: Copy-paste tracking is turned on by default. You can not change it. Similarly, the shuffle sections too is a default setting that cannot be changed.
Certified Assessments allow you to setup the skills weightage and cutoff score for your assessments. You can know how that functionality works from here.