In order to provide a better post-interview experience and help the interviewers and hiring managers to make efficient hiring decisions, we have improved the interview reports. This article will walk you through the new features of interview reports.
Viewing Interview Reports
Once an interview is complete, the report is immediately available. To access the interview reports, open the Interviews section from the homepage of your HackerRank account and select the required interview from the completed section. From there click on the view report icon to open the report.
Here are some key features of the interview reports.
All the questions you have used in the interview are separated into different tabs. You can find these question tabs at the top of the report page. To access a particular question, you can click on its respective tab.
If you want to check the question description, you can access it from the left pane of the report.
Interview reports provide the interactive playback feature which allows you to play all activities linked to a particular question that you have selected in a video format. You can start the playback by clicking on the Play Button.
Key Components of Playback
- You can save your time by avoiding the dead air moments of your interview with the Skip Inactivity feature. The skip inactivity checkbox is selected by default.
- The video timeline highlights the activity periods in the dark so that you can quickly jump into the active periods.
- You can manually control the playback speed by 2x, 4x, and 8x. You can change the speed by clicking on the 1x button beside the video timeline.
- If you want to play the video on the full screen, you can do it by clicking on the expand icon from the bottom right corner.
- While using the playback you can see the keyboard cursor with the participant’s name tag which will help you to know who is typing at a particular moment among the participants.
- You can check all the code executions during the playback. Both the input and output tabs are available while using the playback. The code execution time periods will be highlighted in the timeline as shown below.
The interview scorecard is available in reports. When you open a report, you can see the scorecard on the right side of the screen. The scorecard is open by default. You can choose to minimize it by clicking on the three bars icon on the top left corner of the scorecard.
Using the scorecard you can give ratings and feedback to the respective parameters. To expand each parameter click on the arrow mark behind it. You can learn about key highlights of the scorecard from here.
Note: Only the users with Recruiter or Developer license can view the scorecard of everyone in their team. Users with the Interviewer license can only access their scorecard.
If you are a recruiter or developer who wants to check others’ scorecards, you can select the user by name from the drop-down menu by clicking on the evaluator tab.
- Candidate Packet: You can visit the candidate packet by clicking on the Candidate Packet from the top right corner of the report page.
- PDF Report: You can download the report in PDF format by clicking on the Download PDF button from the top right corner of the report page.
- Share: You can share the report by clicking on the Share button from the top right corner of the report page.
- Status: You can update the candidate selection status by clicking on the thumb icons from the status section as shown below.