You can lock a test to prevent anyone from making changes to its questions and settings. Tests can be locked and unlocked by the test owners or company admins. You cannot edit test settings for a locked test. You also cannot change the order of questions or add new questions to a locked test.
Questions that are part of a locked test cannot be modified. You have to unlock the test to edit any question that is part of a locked test i.e if the question is also used in another test, it will remain locked there too. You have to unlock the original test to make changes to said question.
You cannot delete a locked test, but you can archive it.
How can you lock a test?
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
- Once the test opens, to the right of the test name, you will see a lock symbol as shown below. Click on the ‘lock’ button to lock the said test.
- Once you click on the lock button, a dialogue box opens, so you can confirm the lock operation. This dialog box will also preempt that once a test is locked, no edits can be made to it.
Confirm locking the Test
- Once you confirm locking the test by clicking the ‘lock’ option, the test is locked for further edits. You can ‘unlock’ a test by following the same instructions.
- Another simple way to lock one or more than one tests in a single step is to select the said test(s) directly on the ‘tests page’ and clicking ‘lock’.