The Teams Management section in HackerRank for Work provides easy user organization and administration. You can add users to the appropriate teams and streamline managing multiple employees, their operations, and assets in one place. You can organize users into teams by department, region, or other groups.
For example: You can create separate regional teams for APAC, EMEA, etc, or department teams, such as R&D, Testing, and so on, as per real-world teams in your organization.
Accessing Teams Management
- You must have a Company Admin license to access the Teams Management section.
- Click on the profile icon on your HackerRank account and select Teams Management from the dropdown list.
- You will be taken to the Teams Management section.
Using Teams Management
There are three tabs on the Teams Management page to manage users, teams and license settings:
On this page, you can manage the HackerRank users in your organization at an individual level. Some of the actions that you can perform on the User tab include:
Search and Filter
The Search function lets you find any user by name, email, or team. Apply filters like License, Status, and Last Active to quickly locate specific users from a large user base. The filters enable precise searching and identification of users. Use Search with filters to find the right users among many easily.
Tip: Use the Last Active filter to find inactive users within a time range. Assess their license status as needed. The filter identifies dormant users over specified periods.
You can add new team members by clicking the Add New User button. Here you can add a user in 3 ways:
- Email Invite: To add a new user, enter their name and email address. Select the license to assign and the team to add them to. Then click Add. The user will receive an email invite to join the selected team.
- Link Invite: Here, select the license and team. The platform generates a link to share with any number of users. They can use the link to join the selected team.
- Bulk Invite: Here, you can upload a CSV file consisting of all the user data, such as their names and emails. The platform uses information in the file to add respective users. They will receive an email to join the team. You can also download a sample CSV file to understand the format.
You can transfer ownership of tests, courses, and other resources from one user to another before removing their access.
You can lock users individually or in bulk using the lock feature. Use the Last Active filter to find inactive users within a time range. Select dormant users and lock them. Locking in bulk streamlines disabling multiple inactive users.
Export User Data
You can select the users in bulk using the Export option and export their data in a CSV file.
Access Individual User Information
Click a user's name to access their data in the User Details page. From here, edit the user's license type, access to create tests, questions, and interviews, and access the resources they own. The user details pane enables modifying permissions and access to the shared resources. You can also access their resources from the resources tab.
Team Level Management
Here you can find all the existing teams in your organization. You can use the search option to search for a specific team. The Region and Department filters help you to look for precise teams from a large number.
Create a Team
You can add new teams in Teams Management based on how teams are structured in your organization. You can leverage this feature to match the HackerRank teams to real teams. Click on the Create Team button to get started.
Enter the details, such as team name, region, and department. Select the team members and click on Add.
Note: Region and Department fields are not mandatory.
Manage a Team
- Clicking a team opens a popup window on the right that allows you to update team membership and roles. You can add or remove team members and change user roles between members and team admin.
- You can set license type limits per team. Define the number of licenses permitted within a team.
- You can also change the team's basic information from the settings tab. Here you also have the option to enable team library access to all the team members. This option is turned on by default.
Hover over the desired team name and click on the three dots icon to set the below defaults:
- Send Invite As: All invites sent from this team will appear to come from the following name
- Set team logo: Select a default logo for the team. The logo will appear in future team communications.
Delete a Team
Delete a team by selecting it and clicking the delete icon. Team deletion removes the team from the system. You must remove all the members from the team to delete a team.
Here you can manage the default permissions allotted to each license type in your company.
You can refer to the below articles to learn more about the licenses.