HackerRank Interviews provides a unique live coding platform for conducting technical interviews online. Typically, an interview can be conducted if a candidate is shortlisted from the first level of assessments. Interviews provide the interviewers with all the flexibility to recreate an experience similar to an on-site interview. It is a time-efficient and cost-effective method to evaluate candidates remotely. Our platform gives the interviewers the ability to gauge a candidate's coding and problem-solving ability in real-time. This article will give you an overall idea about HackerRank Interviews and key features.
Note: To understand the Interviews platform, you can try out a sample interview as an interviewer using this link. You can also share the sample interview link with candidates to familiarize them with the platform before an interview. For candidates, you can share this link with them https://hr.gs/sampleint.
- Access to the library: Interviewers can select any available question in their personal library for interviews. This makes it easy to show the problem statement and code stub to candidates. Alternatively, the interviewers can create new questions or access the HackerRank library, if required.
- Code collaboration: All participants in the interview can edit code, provide input, and test code by running it live on our platform. The interviewer can monitor the changes made by the candidate in real-time.
- Call and Chat functionality: Interviews have built-in text, voice, and video chat features that help the interviewer and the candidate can communicate with each other throughout the interview using their preferred mode. You can also move the chat widget wherever you want on the interview screen.
- Playback feature: The automatically generated interview report recreates the entire interview for review by the hiring team. This ensures that other hiring team members, apart from the interviewer, can also review candidates' interview performance in detail.
- Notes: The interviewers can take notes that are not visible to the candidate. These notes can be shared with the other team members during the evaluation and decision-making process.
- Built-in IDE: Interviews have a built-in IDE that supports many languages. This ensures that interviewers can evaluate the candidate as per their job requirements.
- Built-in Whiteboard: Interviews have the whiteboard integrated to help the interviewer evaluate the candidates on their system design capabilities.
Interviews are dynamic, just like on-site interviews. It gives interviewers the ability to change and customize questions after they see the candidates' progress. For instance, if a candidate can solve the given questions quickly, the interviewer might decide to test the candidates on other skills in the questions that follow.
Click here to learn more about the Key Interview Features.
We have an Introduction to HackerRank Interviews course through the HackerRank Academy!
This course covers how to conduct technical interviews with HackerRank.
- Creating an Interview
- Candidate's Timeline
- Editing an Interview
- Initiating the Interview
- Learning Resources
- Interface Tour
- Joining the Interview
- Ending the Interview
- Interview Reports
- Key Takeaways
HackerRank Academy: If you'd like to access the HackerRank Academy to view this course, click on the Academy link in the footer of your browser window while logged in to the HackerRank Platform. (Highlighted in the image below)