HackerRank Interviews provide a unique live coding platform for conducting technical interviews online. Typically, if a candidate is shortlisted from the first level of assessments, an Interview can be conducted. HackerRank Interviews provide the interviewers with all the flexibility to recreate an experience similar to an on-site interview. It is a time-efficient and cost-effective method to evaluate candidates remotely. HackerRank interview allows the interviewers to gauge a candidate's coding and problem-solving ability in real-time.
- Access to the library: Interviewers can select any available question in the library for Interviews. This makes it easy to show candidates' problem statements and code stubs. Alternatively, the interviewers can create new questions or access the HackerRank library, if required. For more information on the library features, refer to the HackerRank Library Navigation article.
- Code collaboration: All participants in the interview can edit code, provide input, and test code by running it live on our platform.
- Chat functionality: Built-in text, voice, and video chat ensure that the interviewer and the candidate can communicate with each other throughout the interview using their preferred mode. To know how Chat functionality works, refer to the Key Interview Features article.
- Playback feature: The automatically generated interview report recreates the entire interview for review by the hiring team. This ensures that other hiring team members apart from the interviewer can also review candidates' interview performance in detail. To know how the code playback feature works, refer to the Key Components in the Candidate Report article.
- Interviewer Guidelines: The interviewers can take notes that are not visible to the candidate. These notes can be shared with the other team members during the evaluation and decision-making process. Refer to the Recommended Questions and Interviewer's Guidelines article for further information on Interviewer's Guidelines.
- Built-in IDE: Interviews have a built-in IDE that supports more than 40 languages. This ensures that interviewers have the ability to evaluate the candidate as per their job requirements.
Interviews are dynamic, just like on-site interviews. It gives interviewers the ability to change and customize questions after they see the progress of the candidates. For instance, if a candidate is able to solve the given questions quickly, the interviewer might decide to test the candidates on other skills in the questions that follow.
Take a video tour of the HackerRank Interviewing platform