HackerRank for Work allows Recruiters to save different email invite formats as Email Templates. While sending invitations to Candidates, the various formats used for the email invites can be saved as Templates to be reused later. Furthermore, these Templates can be also be shared with other Recruiters in a HackerRank Team.
The email format used to invite college graduates to take up Tests may vary from the format used to invite experienced professionals. Using Email Templates, you can save both formats separately and use them appropriately to send email invites. You can also share these Templates with your HackerRank Team members.
Steps to Create an Email Template
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created and published a Test for which you want to send Candidates an invite.
Sending Test Invites
1. Navigate to the Tests tab. Click on the Invite option for the Test for which you want to send email invites.
2. The Send Test Invites page is displayed. In the email editor, type the email message in the desired format. You can send the invites with the default message or you can edit the message and save it as a template, which is explained in the latter part of this article.
Saving your Email Invite Format as a Template
1. Click on the Save Template icon to save the current format as a new Template.
2. The Template window displays.
3. In the Write the template name field, provide a name for the Template.
4. Click on the +Subject option to include the email Subject in the Template. The same Subject will be added in all email invites that will use this Template.
5. Click on the Save button. The Template is created.
6. On the Send Test Invites page, click on the Templates option.
The Template window shows the new Template created and listed in the sidebar under My Templates. The right pane displays the Template preview. The email subject, content, formatting, links, images, and placeholders from your email invite are copied and saved to the Template.
Creating a New Email Invite Template
1. Click on the Templates icon to open the Templates window in which you can create new Templates and manage the existing ones. Click on the +Create New option. The right pane displays the new email Template editor.
2. In the Write the template name field, provide a name for the Template.
3. Click +Subject to add the Subject field to the Template. Specify an appropriate Subject that will be included in all email invites using this Template.
4. Add the desired email invite message. You can use the options in the editor to format text, add images, name placeholders, and URLs.
5. Click on the Save button. The Template is created and listed in the Templates sidebar under My Templates.
You can now use the Template for your email invites. Additionally, the Template you have created will also be available for use to other Recruiters in your HackerRank Team. Refer: Using Shared Email Invite Templates for more information.
You can also set a default template to be used in all your Test invite emails. Refer: Using a Custom Email Invite Template for more information.