Custom Tests are tests designed by Recruiters in HackerRank to suit their specific hiring requirements. You can build a Custom Test to include Questions that assess Candidates for a specific job role, experience, and skill level. You can create new Questions and add them to your Custom Tests. Alternatively, you can also include Questions from the HackerRank built-in Library or your company Library.
Example: You want to hire Quality Assurance Engineers with 5 years of experience and skills to build optimal Test automation scripts. You can build a Custom Test for this Role, and create relevant Questions to build the Test. Assess your Candidates based on the optimal solutions provided for each Question in the Test.
How to create a custom test for your account?
You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
1. Navigate to Tests. Click Create Test.
2. In the new test creation window that opens, select a role from the dropdown.
3. Select Other from the drop-down menu If you do not find any matching role and want to build your test from scratch. After selecting the Role as "Other", click on Create Test.
4. On clicking Create Test, a new Test is generated, and the Questions tab lets you add Questions from the Library or create your own Questions as shown below.
4. Click Add from library to add Questions that are already present in the question library. You can either add questions from the HackerRank Questions or My Company Questions tab.
5.The Hackerrank questions category lists all the readymade or built-in Questions from the HackerRank Library. My Company Questions tab lists all the Questions created by you or other Recruiters in your HackerRank Team.
Note: You can only add Questions from your company Library if either you or your Team has created the Questions.
6. In the left navigation pane, perform the following steps to view the list of the most relevant Questions:
- Select the Question type from the drop-down menu to narrow the results.
- Apply the filter tags based on your Question type to find relevant Questions.
- Use the search window to search for the relevant Questions.
- All Questions are listed in the right pane.
7. Click the plus sign (+) to add the particular Question to the Test. You can add multiple Questions to the Test.
8. After adding the required Questions, click Go back to test from the top right corner. The Questions page lists all the Questions you have added.
9. You can perform the following operations on this page:
- If you want to view a Question, click the Question title to view the complete description. Alternatively, the View option enables you to view the entire Question.
- Click the Insights button to view the insights and statistical data on the usage of a specific Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times a question has been attempted, median attempt time for a Question, and median attempt time for the full score.
10. If you do not find any relevant Questions in the Library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own Questions. To create new Questions and add to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left side corner, and select Create Question.
Refer to Create a New Question for more information about creating different types of Questions.
11. You can also organize the Questions in your Test under various logical categories called Sections. Click the Plus sign, and select Create section. Refer to Section Based Testing for more information.
12. Before publishing a Test, it is recommended that you validate the Test. Refer to Sharing a Test for Benchmarking for more information.
Note: You do not need to save this Test. All the Questions that you added to this Test are auto-saved.
The Custom Test is created and listed on the Tests home page.