You can use DevOps questions inside HackerRank interviews. With this feature, interviewers can assess the Linux skills of a candidate during live interviews. This article will walk you through the steps to import DevOps questions in HackerRank Interview.
Steps to Use DevOps Questions in Interviews.
Here is a simple walkthrough video that elaborates the process
Or, if you prefer to follow directions, here are the steps for your ready reference.
- Once you are inside the interview, click on the DevOps tile on the interview landing page.
- You will see two options.
- Start from Scratch: You can utilize a powerful bare shell terminal on an Ubuntu18 server to install any tool and work on a diverse set of tasks during an interview.
- Import Question From Library: This option takes you to the Library section inside the Interviews platform. You can choose from more than 100 ready-made DevOps questions from the HackerRank library. Click on the Use button beside it to launch the terminal.
You can also choose from DevOps questions created by you or shared with you by your HackerRank team members. Click on the Use button to launch the terminal.
- Once the interview starts, you can monitor the candidate’s progress on the task on your screen. Whatever the candidate types inside the terminal will be visible to you in real-time.
- As an interviewer, you can also access the same terminal to guide the candidate or to modify the task.
An alternative way to import questions in the interview is through the Question Library tile, where you can select the Type filter to DevOps.
Note: HackerRank Interviews does not support questions using the older versions of operating systems such as Ubuntu 14 and RHEL 7