In this article
Modern system design interviews usually start with the interviewer drawing a basic architecture on the virtual whiteboard and asking the candidate to improve it. It is a mundane effort for the interviewer to set up the basic design every time. We now have an option to create and save Whiteboard Questions to your question library. You can use these questions in tests and interviews, thus saving a lot of time and standardizing your system design interview experience. This article will dive into how you can create your whiteboard question.
Create a Whiteboard Question
- Click Create Question on the Library tab of the Home page.
- Select Whiteboard from the question types.
- In the Problem Statement tab, enter the question name, score, duration, and problem description.
- Click Save & Proceed.
- In the Whiteboard Settings tab, you can draw the basic system design required for the interview.
- You can also insert images required for the question.
- Click Save Question to save the question in the library.
Using a Whiteboard Question in an Interview
- Click on the “+” icon in the interview and select the Import Question from the drop-down menu to add the whiteboard questions from your library.
- Click on the Import button to import the desired whiteboard question in the interview.
- Whiteboard question is imported into the interview.
Using a Whiteboard Question in Test
- Select the question from the library and click on the Add To Test option.
- You can add that question to either a new test by selecting the Create a New Test option or any other existing test created by you.
Note: All the designs you create on the whiteboard are in blue by default to differentiate the problem and the solution.