In this article
HackerRank maintains an audit trail for all the user events. When investigating changes to data in HackerRank, admins can use the audit trails to know who made the changes, what the changes were, and when the changes were implemented. This article will discuss the audit log and its features in detail.
Accessing Audit Logs
- You must log in as a Company Admin user to access the audit logs.
- On the homepage of your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon from the top right corner. Click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- From the left pane, click on the Audit logs option.
- You will see the audit logs with details, such as User Name, Action, Object, Object Id, Timestamp, IP Address, and Modified Details.
- User - the name of the user who made the change.
- Action - This shows the kind of change done to the particular object. There are three kinds of actions: Create, Update and Delete. Create is when a particular object or an attribute in it is created, Update is when a particular object or an attribute is updated and Delete is when a particular object or an attribute is deleted.
- Object - Indicates the source which is modified. For example, Interviews, Tests, Questions, Library, etc.
- Object Id - A unique ID allotted to each object.
- Timestamp - The exact date and time when the changes are made.
- Modified Fields - List of the fields that are modified.
- You can search for a particular record by pasting the object ID in the search box only after selecting the Object Type from the filters from the dropdown on the top right.
Retrieving Object ID
Object ID is the unique ID allocated to the objects, such as Tests, Interviews, Questions, etc. You will need the object ID while tracking changes of a particular record in the audit logs.
Retrieving Object ID for Tests
- On the homepage of your HackerRank for Work account, click on the Tests tab. Click on the required test. To know how to create a test, refer to the Creating a New Test article.
- After clicking on your required test, you will be directed to the Questions page. Look for a 7 digit number in the URL, this is the Test ID. Note this ID for tracking purposes in the audit log.
Retrieving Object ID for Interviews
- Click on the intended interview from the Interview home page. To know how to create an interview, refer to the Scheduling an Interview article.
- After clicking on the interview required, you will be directed to the My Pads interview page. Look for a 7 digit number in the URL, this is the Interview ID. Note this ID for tracking purposes in the audit log.
Retrieving Object ID for Questions
- Click on the Library tab from the homepage, and then click on the desired question.
- After clicking on the question, look for a 7 digit number in the URL, this is the Question ID. Note this ID for tracking purposes in the audit log.
- You can also retrieve the Question ID from within the Tests. After creating the Test, in the Questions tab as shown below, click on the required question.
- Click on the View option.
- You will find the Question ID in the URL, as shown below.